Don’t we all love a good story?
It is my desire that this blog include disciple maker and discipleship training stories for the benefit of the readers.
I have been a disciple maker for more than 20 years and I will confess that few of those disciples went on to make disciples. I have met even fewer Christians who have been discipled. From my perspective, there is a big black hole in today’s church when it comes to disciple making.
Due to the lack of disciple making in today’s church, your stories can add immense value to other’s lives by telling them how you were discipled and how you make disciples.
You can submit your disciple maker or discipleship training story by emailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Stories:
- No more than 1,500 words
- Your story will be edited, if needed, at the discretion of disciplemaker.community
- Keep your story to the subject of discipleship or disciple making
Here are some questions to prompt your writing process:
- If you were discipled, how long ago, by whom (no names necessary), how long were you in discipleship training?
- What material was used to disciple you?
- What was the setting of your discipleship training? (restaurant, home, church, etc.)
- Did your disciple maker take you out to do street ministry, dormitory ministry, evangelism?
- In other words, was there a practical aspect to your discipleship training?
- What impact did discipleship training have on your life?
- Would you recommend discipleship training for others?
- Did you become a disciple maker?
- If yes, what are your methods of disciple making?
- If you are a disciple maker, what materials and methods do you employ?
- What is the duration of your discipleship training?